SonoSite X-Porte | Product Review
SonoSite is traditionally known for their highly durable and highly portable laptop-based ultrasound systems, like the tried-and-true SonoSite M-Turbo and SonoSite Edge II ultrasound systems. However, with SonoSite’s recent shift in specific focus to the Point-of-Care ultrasound space, like the Sonosite SII, they have decided to get more creative and innovative with their traditional ultrasound system designs. Enter the SonoSite X-Porte, the first stand-alone ultrasound system from SonoSite. Without sacrificing too much portability, SonoSite has found a way to pack a ton of imaging power into a stand-alone ultrasound system with a minuscule footprint and intuitive, ergonomic design. Read below to find out why you should opt for the stand-alone SonoSite X-Porte instead of a traditional SonoSite portable ultrasound system!
Next-Level Imaging Performance & Advanced Features
The X-Porte comes standard with the imaging capabilities you have come to expect from Sonosite, like:
- 2D Broadband Imaging
- Tissue Harmonic Imaging
- Pulse Inversion Harmonic Imaging
- Velocity Color Doppler
- Color Power Doppler
- Pulsed Wave Doppler & Tissue Doppler (update and simultaneous)
- Continuous Wave Doppler, ECG
But it also comes equipped with new, next-level imaging performance features and scanning abilities, like:
- Extreme definition imaging technology
- SonoAdapt Tissue Optimization
- SonoHD2 Imaging Technology
- SonoMB Multibeam Technology
- Highly Customizable & Upgradable Exam Features
- Duplex Imaging
- 8x Zoom Capability
The SonoSite X-Porte comes standard with onboard visual guides featuring 87 step-by-step learning tutorials covering ultrasound imaging basics, Point-of-Care, Procedures, MSK, Anesthesiology, and many more. It is also one of the few ultrasound systems on the market that provides point-of-care ultrasound features to support your medical education and training programs, like:
- Onboard library of 87 scan-along ultrasound imaging tutorials
- Measurement on Recall – Allows you to go back into completed ultrasound exams to add measurements and review images
- The large monitor (48.2 cm / 19 inches) tilts and turns for easy group viewing
- Connect SonoSite X-Porte via VGA or HDMI output to a larger display for bigger groups
- Use the integrated DVR to record up to 60 minutes of a scan session to gather dynamic information for educational instruction
Portable and Ergonomic Design
While the SonoSite X-Porte is a stand-alone ultrasound system, it has all of the qualities of a portable ultrasound system that you could need, including a rechargeable battery! The X-Porte battery lasts 1 full hour unplugged in use, 3 days on idle. It only takes 3 hours to charge the battery to 80% capacity!
For portability and durability, X-Porte’s monitor folds down, and the height lowers, making it even more compact for navigating busy corridors. The modular design and removable engine provide easy service support of individual components. SonoSite tote’s the X-Porte as the world’s first “ultrasound kiosk.” This is in reference to the X-Porte’s design. A noticeable difference in image clarity, resolution, and work-flow through significantly reducing visual clutter and wasted space. There are no buttons or levers for pathogens or dust to get into. The kiosk’s touch interface is fully customizable to suit your needs, with a gesture-driven workflow optimization, while also accessing that library of educational videos for real-time learning!
Recommended Probe Configuration
For the SonoSite X-Porte, our ultrasound probe partner, Probo Medical, recommends the following standard probes to equip to your SonoSite X-Porte:
- Abdominal Probe: SonoSite C60xp/5-2 MHz
- Cardiac Probe: SonoSite P10xp/8-4 MHz
- Vascular/MSK Probe: SonoSite HFL38xp/13-6 MHz
- Needle Guide/Small Parts: SonoSite L25xp/13-6 MHz
Read More about the X-Porte’s ability via SonoSite’s Official X-Porte Brochure.
Learn More about the X-Porte’s usability from our ultrasound expert’s video review.
Deduct the Full Cost of This System From Your 2019 Taxes
Did you know that you could deduct the full cost of this machine from your 2019 taxes? Thanks to Section 179 of the United States Tax Code, you can deduct up to $1 million from your taxes when you purchase new or used medical equipment and install it before December 31, 2019. Read more here.
If you’re not sure if the SonoSite X-Porte ultrasound system is for you, call MedCorp LLC at 1-866-828-1800. You can also fill out a form here or chat with us on our LiveChat. Call us today and take advantage of our current new and refurbished ultrasound system promotions!